FREE MS Teams Sessions on 学术 Language
The 学术 Language Support Service is running more MS Teams sessions over the next 2 weeks on various topics related to academic language. Please see the list below and take advantage of the useful tips contained within these sessions - the number of available spaces is limited so make sure you sign up in time to avoid missing out! (Bookings close end of day prior to each session).
Please check the booking link or LEARN calendar regularly for new sessions and book early to avoid disappointment. Please be aware that the sessions may change, so please check the 'live' bookings by following the link below for up-to-date information.
学术 Writing: Reports
· Abstract and Executive Summaries
学术 Writing: Literature Review
By the end of this session, you should be better able to do the following:
1. understand the main purposes of a literature review and how it usually fits into a research paper
2. organise and synthesise information in a literature review
3. recognise some common academic and linguistic features of a literature review
学术 Writing: Use of Sources
· 学术 Skills (Writing and Synthesising)
学术 Writing: Essays
By the end of this session, you should be able to:
1. understand what an essay title is asking you to write about
2. identify the main requirements of an essay
3. follow a process in order to write an essay
4. organise ideas logically in an appropriate framework
学术 Writing: Style and Grammar
This session will help you to identify and correct different types of common errors in written work (layout, 拼写, 语法, 标点符号, and style and register). You will also be ready to participate in the live session, where you can ask the tutor questions and practise these proofreading skills.
By the end of the session, you should be better able to:
1. avoid and correct basic errors in your own written work
2. write using appropriate structures and style for an academic context